Weekend Charter Dive Experience is a 2 scuba dives with a maximum total of 2 hr bottom time. There is a 6 passenger maximum on the charter boat. We also send a Dive Professional with you on the dive for maximum safety and comfort. The dive site is picked at time of charter. Weather and diver level will be a determining factor when picking a dive site.
Dive Locations include: Eric’s Reef, Jim’s Ridge, The Toledo, The Weiss Plane, The Mahoning, The Island City, The Notherner, The Niagara, Pier Crib, The Advance, and The Atlanta.
Depth of dive sites ranges from 15 feet to 135 feet
Visibility can be as range from 20 feet to 120+ feet depending on depth and weather conditions.
Temperature ranges from 36 degrees to 70 degrees. These are the best diving conditions in the state of Wisconsin. Great for just fun diving, perfecting and honing your dive skills, or exploring the wonders of Lake Michigan dive sites.
HOW IT WORKS ?
1.Buy your Ticket Online or call the store to reserve you Ticket.
2.Be at Port Deco Divers (110 S. Wisconsin street Suite 1 Port Washington, Wisconsin 53074) @ 8-am no later please!!
3. If you ARE renting gear.. (Port Deco Divers offers BCD, Scuba Tank, Weights, Semi- Dry Exposer Suit, Regulator set and computer for rent with the charters at an extra nominal cost ) you must get sized up. Also you will need your Diver Certification Card “aka C-card” , and you will need to sign some waivers.
4. If you ARE NOT renting gear.. you will still need to stop in the shop before loading the boat and you will also need your Diver Certification Card “aka C-card”, and you will need to sign some waivers.
5. Load the boat, set up your gear, listen to boat safety briefing, and leave the dock by 9 am or earlier if possible (if you need more time for set up, you can always arrive earlier than 8 am )
6. Enjoy your dives!!! depending on travel time and bottom time you should expect your trip to last 4-5 hours
7. After returning to the dock unload you gear. ( rental gear must be rinsed before it is returned ) We provide a rinse station and after dive snacks at the dive shop. Where log books can be signed and we can look at dive pictures and videos from the dives.